- Synthesis and investigation of new transition metal complexes with heterocyclic ligands
- Synthesis of new High Explosives
(Advanced syntheses in N,O-heterocyclic chemistry; formation of N-rich salts)
- Synthesis of new High Energy Dense Oxidizer for Replacement of Ammonium Perchlorate
- Development of enviromentally benign colorants in pyrotechnics
- Fluorine Chemistry
- Full characterization
X-Ray, IR, Raman, mass, multicore-NMR, DSC, EA, UV)
- Characterization of energetic properties
(friction, impact and electrical spark sensitivities, heat of combustion, calculation of detonation parameter)
("Koenen" steel sleeve test, Experimental determination of "detonation velocity")
- X-Ray single crystal determination (Oxford, Xcalibur3 CCD)
- Development of new safety standards
"Chemistry of BTA": Synthese, Salze und Komplexe von Bis(tetrazolyl)aminen
"Advanced Energetic Materials Based on 5-Aminotetrazole - Synthesis, Characterization, Testing and Scale-up"
The figure shows an overview about the developed syntheses starting from 5-aminotetrazole during the work on my dissertation.
Each type of reaction opened a huge field of promising new N-rich tetrazole derivatives with possible technical applications in all fields of energetic materials: Primary and Secondary Explosives, Propellants and Pyrotechnics.